29 October 2007

Instructional Strategy Assignment

If I understand the book correctly, the assignment due next week will be the instructional strategy stage. It states there are five components for this stage and they are:
A. Preinstructional activities
1. Gain attention and motivate learners
2. Describe objectives
3. Describe and promote recall of prerequisite skills
B. Content presentation
1. Content
2. Examples
C. Learner participation
1. Practice
2. Feedback
D. Assessment (I see this being the hardest one to show/prove)
1. Entry behavior test
2. Pretest
3. Posttest
E. Follow-through activities
1. Memory aids for retention
2. Transfer considerations

1 comment:

Sassmaster said...

Overall, I like what you are doing. Good thoughts, summaries, information, clarifications, streams of consciousness, and definitions. I agree with you that one thing I would like to see more of is the personal application of these ideas. I liked hearing in your first entry how things were applying to your job search, your teaching, etc. I think that along with learning the information presented in class, we need to think about how practical the information is. How does it apply? Plus, I just like reading about your fabulous life! :) Keep it up. You're doing a great job!